Friday 5 August 2016

July Beauty and Skincare Favourites

Take a peek at what I've been loving this month!

Foundation

I bought this foundation last year in Canada in a super dark shade because I was soo tanned.
When it launched in the UK I knew I had to get a lighter shade for everyday!
Being oily this is perfect to keep the shine at bay!

It has a fairly thick consistency so I apply it with a BH Cosmetics flat top brush and just go over it with a beauty blender to even the finish and pick up any excess product that doesn't need to be there.


Skin Care


I bought this little gem months ago and even though it comes with a heavy price tag (around £30 depending on if you want a larger bottle and a pump) it is worth it!

The Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel is really light weight on the skin, makes it feel plump and soft whilst also having as mattifying property to it.

Perfect for combination to normal skin but if you're dry I wouldn't recommend this.


A little goes a long way and when you blend it into the skin it gives a light sheen but isn't shiny/greasy and isn't 100% matte (see right side of hand).


Face

I'm not the biggest lover of MAC, I know they're products are good and long lasting but sometimes I can't justify the price.

I've been looking to expand my highlighter collection and made the jump and bought MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle.


The cult classic did not disappoint. It's got a beautiful sheen to it - not too peachy as the picture may show- and sits well on the skin.

I find it easy to build up intensity with this and it makes a great inner eye and brow bone highlight too!


I told you I was looking for new highlighters....
This beauty is Becca Cosmetics Shimmering Skin Perfector in Moonstone


I see a lot of similiarities between this shade and the Jaclyn Hill collab in Champagne Pop.
However this one is a little less golden and has a few more white tones running through it.
This is probably one of my favourite highlights and I'm definitely investing in a few more shades!


I've mentioned this NYX Ombre Blush in Mauve Me in my Blushes for Olive Skin post.


I love the idea of creating different blush shades from one single pan! This colour really compliments my skin when it's tanned and gives it a summer glow without it being glittery or too shiny.


Lips

I can't remember the last time I wore a lipstick that wasn't liquid...
They just seem to have more staying power for me and the pigmentation of some brands is to die for!

I keep my lips soft and moisturised under the liquid lipstick I've been layering this onto of my lips.

This NYX Lip Primer has a balm consistency and doesn't cling to the dry patches on your lips.
It's a perfect primer for lipstick both liquid and bullet form!

I tend to apply this after I've done my foundation and reapply it again before lipstick to make sure my lips are extra soft.
I find it also helps to prevent staining!


Brows

Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Pomade is a must have cult product - for me anything!
I started off taming my brows with powder and then pencils and my most recent discovery is pomade.

I've tried a few out including Morphe and Freedom, both of these didn't have a suitable shade so my brows looked awful.


ABH really knows what they're doing when it comes to brows!
The consistency is great, really workable and doesn't have to be warmed up before use.
By 'warmed up' I mean softened with a brush on the back of your hand to make it easier to work with; I find I can go straight from the pot to the brow with this product.


Their colour selection is great and the pomade doesn't budge all day!
For a more dramatic brow I go ahead and apply powder on top too.


I love reading monthly favourites so if you have any, leave links below for me to read!
Do we have common faves this month? Let me know.
post signature
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Ah I'm so jealous, I've wanted Moonstone & Soft and Gentle for the longest time! May have to treat myself to one of them after seeing those swatches. Haven't heard of the foundation before - may have to try it as I have such oily skin especially in summer.

    Cat | Percy & Prunella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're both so pretty! I like so smooth the Becca skin perfectors feel - Cult Beauty has free shipping on Becca for the whole of August!

      Delete

© KateVictoria xo. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig