Tuesday 16 February 2016

Products to Help with Oily Skin


Oily skin is something I've struggled with since my early teens and I understand how much of a difficult skin problem it is to solve. I wanted to share some products I've found genuinely help to keep my oily skin at bay.


Facial Oil



I've written, tweeted and sung from the hills about how much facial oil helps with the reduction of oil in the skin. This is how it works:
The facial oils sinks into your skin and pores and tricks your skin into thinking it has produced all this oil. It then stops producing too much oil (which is your problem) and reduces it to normal levels.
It leaves your skin well moisturized and far less greasy!
My current favourite is from Nspa. I use this ONLY at night as it is oil and need time to sink into your skin.
Im currently testing out the L'Oreal Extraordinary Rebalancing Facial Oil as it's a new addition to my collection. So far I like it but doesn't seem to absorb into the skin as well as the Nspa oil. 

Moisturiser 


Moisturiser is a must, no matter how greasy your skin is. Its paramount for a smooth application of make up! Even oily skin needs hydration and a mattifying solution will definitely help reduce the greasy, shiny look of oily skin. I've tried a lot and in search of the perfect one I came across the Garnier Pure Active Anti-shine moisturiser
This seems to work wonders with my skin and has surprisingly lasted a long time!


Its a similar consistency to most mattifying primers and moisturisers and blends really easily without it balling up into lumpy bits (ew!).

Face Wash/Scrub


Many oil controlling scrubs are actually really good at stripping the oil from your skin, sounds great right?... Wrong! This only forces your skin to produce more oil to replace it and therefore you're going to get oily again and it's just a vicious cycle.
I have found this Neutrogema Visibly Clear 2 in 1 wash and mask thanks to Essie Button. I really feel this cleans my skin deep down whether I use it for a mask or just a wash. I've started using it with the Clarisonic Mia 2 and really enjoy it!


Primers


If you have oily or combination skin, it's important to prep it the right way before putting your make up on.
Those with oily skin face many problems when it comes to make up such as longevity, slipping and excess oil seeping through.
Taking steps in your skin care can help but also priming your skin before make up application and after moisturising can help.
These 3 primers all provide the same matifying properties and can help you from becoming a walking grease ball by 5pm!


T-B:
Collection Primed and Ready
Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer
L'Oreal Infallable Mattifying Base
The Collection Primed and Ready primer is a recent addition to my collection so I'm currently testing it out, but the other two are my most reached for primers!
Smashbox is on the pricey side and a little goes a long way. I mainly use this on my T-Zone which is where I'm most oily then use the L'Oreal primer everywhere else on my face.
As you can see they all look the same, have the same consistency and do the job pretty well!


I hope I've given you some insight into my way of dealing with oily skin.
If you have any other suggestions please comment below!
post signature
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© KateVictoria xo. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig