Wednesday 13 July 2016

5 Vegetarian Recipes You Must Try

Not eating meat is something I've considered for a long time. I've never been keen on cooking it and I used to pick it out of meals a lot and eat whatever was remaining.
So around 6 weeks ago I stopped altogether for numerous reasons. Since then I've wanted to spice up my meat free options and try lots of new things.

  
I picked 5 exciting recipes I’ve come across that I think would be great for veggies or meat eaters!


Indian Potato Salad

healthyslowcooking.com
This is such a full-flavored recipe that can be eaten on its own or paired with a bigger main dish.
It uses cilantro, mint, potatoes, carrot, peas and a handful of classic Indian spices, You can find the full recipe here


Garden Greens Goddess Pizza

halfbakedharvest.com
With a name like that you're expecting something special and I truly think you get it in this beautiful combination of leafy greens and mouthwatering cheese! Full of veg and flavors this is on my current 'to bake' list! 
This pizza has courgette (zuccini for those over the pond!), basil, pesto and delivious cheeses. What more could you want for a healthy veggie pizza?
Find the full recipe here


Veggie Skewers

vegetarianventures.com
Vegetable skewers are probably the easiest food you could make! Chop veg, add a little seasoning and bake or barbeque! The full recipe for the above skewers can be found here.

I feel like this is something I'm looking forward to! BBQ is upon us but England is being typically British and raining lots and lots :(

Kidney Bean Curry

bbcgoodfood.com

Kidney beans are a food I've grown up with. I know a lot of people don't like them but this is probably one of the first solid foods I ate. My father being from the Caribbean, curry was always on the menu and if it didn't have kidney beans was it really a curry?

I already have all the ingredients for this dish so I will definitely be posting pictures on Twitter when I make it! You can see the full recipe here


Halloumi and Egg Salad



The last recipe comes courtesy of yours truly. 
Halloumi is a cheese I've really started to enjoy since becoming veggie. It seems to be a staple in many veggie options in restaurants.
This is such a simple recipe and takes minutes to whip up!

You will need:
Halloumi - cut into chunky strips (the thinner the easier it is to burn)
1 Hard boiled egg
Salad of your choice - Lettuce, rocket, spinach, cabbage spring onions tomatoes etc.
Dressing of your choice - I highly recommend Sweet Chili for the halloumi.

Method:
Chop, wash, prepare salad how you wish.
Boil the egg in a water and little salt (to stop cracking) for 5 minutes.
Chop halloumi into chunky strips, 4 or 5 should be more than enough for 1 person.
Pre-heat grill and grill the cheese on each side for 2-3 minutes.
Drain the egg and leave it in cold water for a few minutes.
Once cool, take the shell off the egg and chop it.
Remove the cheese and add it to your salad along with the cheese.
Garnish with sauce, pepper and salt.

Super easy, tasty and filling!
If you have any recommendations I would love to hear them!
post signature
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Replies
    1. I know, I can't wait to try them out!

      Delete
  2. The Indian Potato Salad looks incredible!

    ReplyDelete

© KateVictoria xo. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig