Tuesday 2 June 2015

NYX & Makeup Revolution Baked Blush Review

Baked Blushers are a fairly new concept to me and something that stands out from normal blushes. A year ago I would never have touched a make up product with any kind of glitter or shimmer in but now that's all changed and I reach for my highlighter and shimmery eyeshadow nearly every day.
I recently purchased two of the NYX Baked Blushes and one Makeup Revolution Vivid Baked Blush.
Click Read more for my opinion on these & some swatches!
 


Firstly are these two NYX baked blushes which look so similar in colour its hard to tell them apart. I purchased these here from Very as the NYX UK website doesn't actually sell them. For £7 each they are rather inexpensive but the packaging looks rather cheap.


Left - Wanderlust is the darker of the two shades and from the online pictures, appears to be a more muted pink compared to the other blushes.
Right - Sugar Mama, from the online pictures, looks to be a darker shade with a hint of brown which is normally my go to sort of colour as I have a more olive complexion. 

Both these blushes are shimmery but not to excess. They glide onto the skin really nicely but don't have an incredible colour pay off (see swatches below)


Thirdly is this gorgeous pinky-brown blush from Makeup Revolution. It has great colour pay off and I feel, can be used as either a highlighter or blush. This is my go to baked blush at the moment and I never feel the need to add extra highlighter to my cheeks when using this because it does such a good job of it on its own.

Being a fan on Makeup Revolutions blush palettes, this blusher did not disappoint! I highly recommend this brand to anyone. They are so affordable and the colour pay off from every one of their products I've tried is spot on. They have recently become available in Boots and Superdrug so if your local store has a stand, go and check it out!
(P.S The baked blushes are ONLY £2.50! Hello Bargain!!)

post signature
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© KateVictoria xo. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig