Tuesday 3 March 2015

Building up a Make Up Collection | Mascara

I started this theme of posts a long time ago and haven't got round to doing one for a while... until now! This is going to be a quick ramble about how to find the perfect mascara for you and how to make new additions to your make up collection.
To read the full post, click read more


So you want to find the perfect mascara? You want to have choice when you come to apply your mascara in the mornings? Well I have a few suggestions and they are by no means gospel.


My first and most important suggestion is to try different ones. I understand that may come at some cost but you may find your perfect mascara after trying only 2 out. This is how I discovered the ones that worked best for me. After reading reviews, watching YouTube videos (Nicole Guerriero is my beauty and make up goddess) and asking people, I went out a bought a few to try.

Firstly was Rimmel Lash Accelerator which is reasonably priced at most places for £7.99 and has a fiber brush. The actual product itself doesn't come out clumpy and I really like how the brush is thin. I find with some soft brushes they can create really clumpy lashes because of the brush and product thickness. It also claims to encourage natural lash growth which personally, I didn't experience but this a definite repurchase for me.

Secondly, is of course, Benefits They're Real. I'm not even going to go into this because its a well known, extremely good product for the majority of people. Yes its worth the money and if you don't feel it is, get the smaller tester version in Boots and try it first.

L-R Benefit Roller Lash, Maybelline Lash Sensation, Benefits They're Real, Rimmel Lash Accelerator

Benefit's Roller Lash is a new product that was given out in February's Elle Magazine. I personally like it for length although not as good as they're real, and for curl, which it does do. However, i religiously curly my eyelashes before AND after applying mascara so the fact that Benefit are selling this mascara solely on the basis of it curling lashes, means I wouldn't buy it for £19.50. The wand is plastic and even though I like this about both these Benefit mascaras, I find this curls more than it lengthens.


This leads me to the Benefit Roller Lash mascara dupe. The Maybelline Lash Sensational lash Multiplying Mascara (a mouthful right?) is a better mascara for length and curl than the roller lash. The wand is almost identical but it does pick up a lot more product (as you can see in the picture). I was skeptical about using this because I've found mascaras that I truly love, but this is now one of my favorites, coming in at £7.99 you can't complain.
Top to Bottom - Benefit Roller Lash, Maybelline Lash Sensation, Benefits They're Real, Rimmel Lash Accelerator

Another tip is to layer your mascaras. For instance, use a lengthening mascara first, then whilst your lashes are still wet - they HAVE TO BE wet to prevent flaking and fall out (i.e black flakes under your eyes/panda eyes) - use a thickening or curling mascara to add more shape.

Mascara is a beauty product that takes trial and error. Everyone's lashes are different and should take this into consideration before buying ones because they are popular and some people have good results.
post signature
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© KateVictoria xo. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig