Wednesday 9 July 2014

Sweet Potato Pizza

I've always loved experimenting with food and cooking since I can remember and this has never changed. This is my take on a healthy version of pizza which is suitable for vegetarians, coeliac suffers and can be adapted for vegans too.
Click READ MORE for the full recipe!
 photo 778f0000-7811-4ce0-be77-0346272a8ce1.jpg

I've been concious about the foods I eat since my teenage years like nearly every other teenage girl, and have tried dieting and all sorts to try and shed the pounds. Recently I joined this amazing boot-camp based in Walsall, West Midlands. I HIGHLY recommend joining it if you are close enough to attend the Walsall, Sutton or Cannock workouts. The price may seem high but the support, recipes and results you get out of it are truly worth it.

Anyway, after trying the recipes and through trial and error I found I really enjoyed eating gluten free. Some people mistake this for eating no carbs but that's far from it. If anything I eat more carbohydrates but the right kind. For instance sweet potato. This is a healthier alternative to your normal potatoes and can be cooked and eaten in the same way, if not more ways! 


Ingredients -
1 Large sweet potato
1 cup/ 90g Almond Flour (alternatives are 1 cup of ground almonds without their skin or gluten free plain flour)
Salt
Rosemary
1 Teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
Tomato purée (home made or shop bought)
Chopped garlic and chilli.
Toppings of choice.

Method -
1.    Pre heat the oven to 180
2.       Peel, chop and boil the sweet potato until its soft enough for a knife to slice through.
3.       Drain and smash the potatoes well.
4.       Add flour, bicarbonate of soda, rosemary and a pinch of salt.
5.       Kneed into dough like consistency. ( mine didn't go this well and I added extra plain flour to help it stick together)
6.       Line a baking tray with grease proof paper and spread out the dough to around 1-2cms in thickness.
7.       Fold the outer edges in to form a crust.
8.       Bake in the oven until the crust begins to crisp and turn brown.
9.       Depending on your size of base, mix enough tomato puree to create a thin layer, with chopped garlic and chillies (this bit is  optional but adds flavour)
1.       Spread onto base and add toppings of choice.
  (I used emmental  cheese in small pieces but not covering the base, onion, pepper, tomato and chopped fresh basil)
1.      Grill for a few minutes until cheese melts and toppings crisp.

For a bigger pizza just double up the amounts.
I hope you guys try this and enjoy it, let me know if you do!

post signature

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© KateVictoria xo. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig